Monday, January 24, 2011

Big Ideas Association

MOTIVATION: Everyone has different motivations. Money, religion, love, appearance. Maybe someone's motivation is to be accepted by someone or earn the respect or approval of someone, or even themselves? Some people are motivated by school. Mostly I think everyone is motivated to get to the outcome of something if that even makes sense. I guess I associate motivations with goals.

UNCERTAINTY: I think there's a ton of uncertainty in the world, in my life specifically right now. But I think I often forget that a lot of people struggle with it as well, just in different ways. When I think of uncertainty I think of my life and how I have no idea what I'm doing with it. And I think of school and how I have really mixed emotions about it. I think of my purpose and my motivations. I associate uncertainty with confusion, disorder, uncomfort. I don't think that's a word. I hate making decisions, and I am always always always uncertain when it comes to making decisions. Even dumb ones like what to eat for dinner. Uncertainty drives my life and maybe other people's? Maybe it drives other big ideas like motivation, or maybe it drives entire cultures. I don't know. Because I'm uncertain!

LOST: I guess it would be difficult to turn this into a big idea. It's more like a theme of uncertainty maybe. People get lost in many ways both literally and figuratively. In negative ways and positive ways.

AGE: When I think of age I think of old people. Age is crazy. I can't even describe it very well. I think when we're young we take it for granted and when we're old we dwell on it too much. All I know is I don't want to turn 20. It scares me. I think age also relates to time periods, like it was the "Golden Age." I think I associate age with nostalgia the most though.

1 comment:

  1. It seems as if you have good topics to result in a great project. You could go in a lot of directions with pictures for motivation and certaintly uncertainty hah.

    ReplyDelete